Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Dear Star Wars, Time for a Break


Dear Star Wars,

For the past few months, I have found myself holding out for things to be different, but I am realizing that may not happen anytime soon. I think it is time for us to take a break. My heart can only take so much, and now I realize I need to protect it more carefully than I have been. I know, you probably think I am being unreasonable, but hear me out.

I just need some space.

I know you think I am too tough on you, but I hold you to high standards because I care. I want you to excel and make something of yourself. You have so much potential and I have always hoped you would stand out, especially after making your big comeback. My hope was for you to really make your mark on the world, not join in with the crowd and become mediocre like many of your peers. I always held you in high esteem, for as long as I can remember. However, since you left home I cannot condone the person you have become. I still believe you have the potential for greatness, but right now you are on a path that makes me cautious. What a fool I would be if I were to hope for too much only to be let down again.

Also, maybe you see something in them I do not, but I fail to see why you continue putting up with that one friend of yours. What was their name again? Easton? Eamon? (I just remember it was Ea..., something or other.) They obviously have no respect for you, or anyone else for that matter.

When the time is right, I hope our relationship will have a better dynamic. I will cherish the memories we have made up until now, and I hope that we can create new ones in the future. Perhaps this is just a rough patch and things will be different down the road. For now, however, I think it is best if we go our separate ways.

May the force be with you,

Your Hopeful Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment