Monday, March 14, 2016

Media as a Tool in the LDS Church

Like many others, I watched the Face2Face event with Elder Holland this past Tuesday. It only took me a few minutes to realize that I should definitely take notes and write down thoughts that came to mind. I really enjoyed watching it and greatly appreciated the advice and wisdom shared by Elder Holland, Elder Hallstrom and Sister Stephens!

After it ended, I found myself reflecting on the use of media involved with the event. Technology truly is incredible and it affords us so many great opportunities! I am grateful that the Brethren are so in touch with modern technology and that they utilize it so effectively. I have no doubt that technology advances (such as the ability to broadcast internationally via satellites and the Internet) develop for the benefit of the Church and to further its purposes. The prospect of how the media will be used in the Church in the future excites me, especially when thinking of the idea that people all over the world will have opportunities (in more ways than are currently available) to communicate so personally with Apostles of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the greatest! I love that no matter where we are in the world we have a great opportunity to hear what the lord is teaching us through his servants. I was really grateful for this while serving for myself and also for my investigators. Many were ugh general conference. I still need to go back and watch the face2face thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete